Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Watching a modern dance performance from the audience' perspective

While I was dancing with KCDC (Israeli modern dance company), I participated in four dance pieces, and 20 modern dance performances around the globe.

It was a very stressful time. We were hopping from country to country. Once I woke up in France and thought I'm in Germany. It felt odd J

I also suffered from jet lag, and had a hard time focusing during the rehearsals.

The funny thing is that I never watched our performances from the viewer's perspective. It looks different when you see the performance from the outside. You see the performance itself, and forget the backstage: your personal stress, ambitions, effort, etc'.

So now that the Kibbutz contemporary dance company is coming up with a new modern dance performance, I'm planning on flying to Israel. My plan is to see my old friends from the dance company, sit with the audience and enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment